Saturday, October 25th: BPL is Participating in Somersworth Craft Fair 9 am to 3 pm at Somersworth High School. Come find Berwick Public Library's table -we'll be selling beautiful homemade crafts to benefit the library. The Friends of the Berwick Public Library have made and collected local artisan treasures including knit items, wooden crafts, many keepsake and gift opportunities, at great prices, all while supporting your local library.
Wednesday, October 29th: 5:30 - 7:30 p.m.: Artist's Reception for BPL Staff and Volunteer Art Show drop in to mingle with the artists who put together our staff and volunteer art show at the Berwick Public Library. See the folks who put together our teen and children's programming, help in our garden, other events, and are also accomplished artists! Cheryl Dichiricho, Children's Librarian, Connie Margowsky, Youth Services Librarian, Kirsten Warner, former staff member, Tinuviel Sampson, volunteer all share wonderful pieces with us. Light refreshment served.
Friday, October 31st: HALLOWEEN PARTY
10:30 a.m. Friday Oct 31st Costume Halloween
Party at Berwick Public Library! Food, Games, Song, and Take-Home Crafts. We'll also have Stuckertime Farms in Berwick there with a
petting zoo of birds, including hatch ling Swedish Ducks, hatch ling
Mascovy Ducks and baby chicks!Come and Enjoy! Costumes
Preferred and Encouraged. Please stop by the library or call us at
207-698-5737 to register and hold your spot. It will make sure we have
enough of everything.
Saturday, November 8th: Chili Chowder Cook-Off
Tuesday, November 25th: Holiday Pie Sale
BPL BOOK DISCUSSION GROUPS
Saturday, October 18th, 10 am: Book Discussion Orange is the New Black by Piper Kerman
Saturday, November 15th, 10 am: Book Discussion Eden Close by Anita Shreve
TTAG input being collected- ages 10-18 fill out this survey
Join Lyn Rouff @ BPL to search for your roots.
Drop-In Computer Help!
- Tues evenings 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Do you have questions about... Computers? • Email? • Facebook? • Word Processing? • eReaders?
- If you have a question about a specific device (laptop, iPad, eReader, etc.), please bring it along with you. Help is on a first come, first served basis.
Museum Discount passes are available thanks to Kennebunk Savings Bank.
Children's Museum of New Hampshire in Dover *closed 9/1/14- 9/12/14
Children's Museum and Theatre of Maine in Portland
Historic New England
Museum of Fine Arts in Boston, MA
Ogunquit Museum of American Art, ME (Open May 8 - October 31)
Peabody Essex Museum in Salem, MA
Portland Art Museum, ME
Seacoast Science Center in Rye, NH
Strawbery Banke in Portsmouth, NH
(also passes to Southworth Planetarium are available at D.A. Hurd Library in North Berwick)
MUSEUM PASSES DETAILS
· Boothbay Railway Village Library
Two adults and all children or grandchildren (under 18) accompanying them free admission. Excluding August 8, 9, 10, 15, 16 and 17. It opens Memorial Day and is open weekends only through June 14. Daily from June 14 - October 12.
· Children's Museum & Theatre of Maine
This gives the holder 50% discount on Museum admission for up to four people. They only accept one copy of our library’s pass per day. To use the pass you need a photocopy of the guidelines and membership card and show it at the museum's front desk. You can only use the pass on the date that is on the form and it must be signed and dated.
· Children's Museum of New Hampshire *closed 9/1/14- 9/12/14
It gives the holder 50% off for up to four people on the date noted. It can only be used on the date noted. You need the pass and membership card photocopied on it at the admission desk upon arriving.
· Historic New England
This card allows you to visit one of Historic New England's 36 properties for free admission.
· Museum of Fine Art Boston
Each pass provides up to two people a $10 admission per person. Museum closed New Year's Day, Patriot's day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
· Ogunquit Museum of American Art Limit of one pass per day and a maximum of four people per pass. You need a photocopy and the date you will be going filled in.
· Peabody Essex Museum Each card entitles two people to general admission at $5 per person. You must pay an additional $5 to visit Yin Yu Tang, the Chinese House. Open Tuesday-Sunday from 10-5. Monday passes are valid on November 11, January 20, Febuary17, April 21, May 26, September 1 and October 13.
· Portland Museum of Art
This allows free entry for no more than two adults and up to six children per day. Tuesday-Thursday 10-5, Friday 10-9, Monday Memorial Day to Columbus day 10-5, Closed New Year's day, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
· Strawbery Banke Museum Free admission for two adults and up to four children, discounted admission to special events, discounts on programs, classes and workshops, and a 10% discount in the Museum Store. Open May 1-October 31, 10-5.
· Seacoast Science Center
This pass allows two adults and their children or grandchildren (under 18) from the same household free admission. You will also receive a 10% discount at the Seacoast Science Center's Nature Store. March-October 10-5 and November-February, Saturdays - Mondays only from 10-5.