Tuesday, November 25th: Holiday Pie Sale 10 am to 4 pm or until we run out!
6th Annual Holiday Pies and More Sale, put on by the Friends of the Berwick Public Library
to benefit BPL.
Come by Tuesday, November 25th from 10 am to 4 pm or as long as the goodies last. Bring home delicious indulgence to share with your friends and family, before, during, or after your feast.
Saturday, November 29th: BPL will have a table at Berwick Art Association's Red Saturday event at Berwick Town Hall 10 am to 4 pm Lots of art and crafts!
Saturday, December 20th: at noon Jessie Taylor will come have an informal talk and Q & A about her new Images of America Book on Berwick- a visual timeline of Berwick's history. Pick up a copy for yourself and get it signed.
NEW WEDNESDAYS 4 PM - 5 PM LEGO CLUB
BPL BOOK DISCUSSION GROUPS
Tuesday, November 25th, 6 pm: Book Discussion Freakonomics by Steven Levitt
Saturday, December 20th, 10 am: Book Discussion Hugger Mugger by Robert Parker
Saturday, January 17th, 10 am: Book Discussion To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Saturday, February 21st, 10 am: Book Discussion Following Atticus by Tom Ryan
Saturday, March 21st, 10 am: Book Discussion A Tree Grows In Brooklyn by Betty Smith
TTAG input being collected- ages 10-18 fill out this survey
Join Lyn Rouff @ BPL to search for your roots.
Drop-In Computer Help!
- Tues evenings 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Do you have questions about... Computers? • Email? • Facebook? • Word Processing? • eReaders?
- If you have a question about a specific device (laptop, iPad, eReader, etc.), please bring it along with you. Help is on a first come, first served basis.
Museum Discount passes are available thanks to Kennebunk Savings Bank.
Boothbay Railway Village
Boothbay Railway Village
Children's Museum of New Hampshire in Dover
Children's Museum and Theatre of Maine in Portland
Historic New England
Museum of Fine Arts in Boston, MA
Ogunquit Museum of American Art, ME (Open May 8 - October 31)
Peabody Essex Museum in Salem, MA
Portland Art Museum, ME
Seacoast Science Center in Rye, NH
Strawbery Banke in Portsmouth, NH
(also passes to Southworth Planetarium are available at D.A. Hurd Library in North Berwick)
MUSEUM PASSES DETAILS
· Boothbay Railway Village
Two adults and all children or grandchildren (under 18) accompanying them free admission. Excluding August 8, 9, 10, 15, 16 and 17. It opens Memorial Day and is open weekends only through June 14. Daily from June 14 - October 12.
· Children's Museum & Theatre of Maine
This gives the holder 50% discount on Museum admission for up to four people. They only accept one copy of our library’s pass per day. To use the pass you need a photocopy of the guidelines and membership card and show it at the museum's front desk. You can only use the pass on the date that is on the form and it must be signed and dated.
· Children's Museum of New Hampshire
It gives the holder 50% off for up to four people on the date noted. It can only be used on the date noted. You need the pass and membership card photocopied on it at the admission desk upon arriving.
· Historic New England
This card allows you to visit one of Historic New England's 36 properties for free admission.
· Museum of Fine Art Boston
Each pass provides up to two people a $10 admission per person. Museum closed New Year's Day, Patriot's day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
· Ogunquit Museum of American Art Limit of one pass per day and a maximum of four people per pass. You need a photocopy and the date you will be going filled in.
· Peabody Essex Museum Each card entitles two people to general admission at $5 per person. You must pay an additional $5 to visit Yin Yu Tang, the Chinese House. Open Tuesday-Sunday from 10-5. Monday passes are valid on November 11, January 20, Febuary17, April 21, May 26, September 1 and October 13.
· Portland Museum of Art
This allows free entry for no more than two adults and up to six children per day. Tuesday-Thursday 10-5, Friday 10-9, Monday Memorial Day to Columbus day 10-5, Closed New Year's day, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
· Strawbery Banke Museum Free admission for two adults and up to four children, discounted admission to special events, discounts on programs, classes and workshops, and a 10% discount in the Museum Store. Open May 1-October 31, 10-5.
· Seacoast Science Center
This pass allows two adults and their children or grandchildren (under 18) from the same household free admission. You will also receive a 10% discount at the Seacoast Science Center's Nature Store. March-October 10-5 and November-February, Saturdays - Mondays only from 10-5.