Race to the Peak Challenge #1 - Prompts and Recommendations
Our tri-town Brrrrwicks Adult Winter Reading Challenge runs from January 1st to February 28th. You can learn more about the challenge and register to participate HERE. There are two versions of the challenge available: Chillin' at the Base and Race to the Peak. If you're interested in reading books of your own choosing, go for Chillin' at the Base. For a harder challenge, try Race to the Peak.
To complete the Race to the Peak challenge, you will need to read five books that match a set of reading prompts. For every set of reading prompts you complete, you will earn 5 points for your town and 5 tickets for our prize drawings. We have a total of three sets of reading prompts available - you can pick your favorite set of reading prompts or try to complete all three. The books you pick should be classified as either young adult or adult unless otherwise noted in the prompt.
The first set of reading prompts are:
1. Read a book set in wintertime
2. Read a book that inspired a movie or TV show
3. Read a book written in verse (any age level) or a book of poetry
4. Read a book set in or written in the decade you were born
5. Read a book by an author who is new to you
Not sure what to read? We can help! Scroll through the galleries below to see some suggestions for each prompt! 1. A book set in wintertime
2. A book that inspired a movie or TV show
3. A book written in verse (any age level) or a book of poetry
4. A book set in or written in the decade you were born
5. A book by an author who is new to you
Check out some of these 2021 debut authors!