Race to the Peak Challenge #3 - Prompts and Recommendations
Our tri-town Brrrrwicks Adult Winter Reading Challenge runs from January 1st to February 28th. You can learn more about the challenge and register to participate HERE. There are two versions of the challenge available: Chillin' at the Base and Race to the Peak. If you're interested in reading books of your own choosing, go for Chillin' at the Base. For a harder challenge, try Race to the Peak.
To complete the Race to the Peak challenge, you will need to read five books that match a set of reading prompts. For every set of reading prompts you complete, you will earn 5 points for your town and 5 tickets for our prize drawings. We have a total of three sets of reading prompts available - you can pick your favorite set of reading prompts or try to complete all three. The books you pick should be classified as either young adult or adult unless otherwise noted in the prompt.
You can see the first set of reading prompts and recommendations HERE and the second set of prompts and recommendations HERE. The third and final set of reading prompts are:
1. Read book with a wintery cover
2. Read a book from a genre you think you don’t like
3. Read a recommendation from a staff member at the Berwick, South Berwick, or DA Hurd Public Library
4. Read a book set in another country or written by an author who is not from the US
5. Read a banned or challenged book
Not sure what to read? We can help! Scroll through the galleries below to see some suggestions for each prompt!
1. A book with a wintery cover
2. A book from a genre you think you don’t like
What genre do you typically avoid? Sci-Fi? Mysteries? Romance? This is a chance to branch out of your comfort zone! Hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised and find a new genre you enjoy. If you need help finding book recommendations for a specific genre, let us know!
3. A recommendation from a staff member at the Berwick, South Berwick, or DA Hurd Public Library
4. A book set in another country or written by an author who is not from the US
5. A banned or challenged book
For more ideas, check out the American Library Association's list of frequently challenged books HERE.