Rainbow Pencil Holder Craft
You can make this craft using a variety of colored paper or use recycled materials, like cereal boxes.
1 can (clean and dried), colored paper / cardstock (or a cereal box or other thin box), scissors, and glue.
1. Cut the cereal box or colored paper into strips that are about 2 inches wide and 11 inches long. Depending on the size of the can, you will need between 5 - 7 strips in total. TIP: You don’t need to measure, just make sure you can wrap the strips all the way around your can.
2. Find the strip that you would like to have at the bottom of the pencil holder. Flip it over and put glue on both ends.
3. Wrap the strip around the can, making sure it is tight. Press the end down and hold it for a few seconds to make sure it sticks.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 with the other strips until you reach the top, making sure you overlap each new strip halfway over the previous strip.
5. The last strip should go above the top of the can. Cut several slits around the part sticking up and then fold the paper down into the can.
6. Take one strip and cover the back with glue. Curl the strip around so that the glue faces out.
7. Insert the curled strip into the can, pressing it firmly against the inside and along the top so that it holds down the folded pieces from step 5. This finishes your pencil holder.
8. Write your name or decorate a small strip of paper and glue it around the top to personalize your pencil holder.